Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Job Description: The Estimator is responsible assessing projects that are available, and estimating their cost of completion. This is then used to develop a competitive bid for work on the project. In order to prepare a competitive bid, estimators must know the capabilities of the company inside and out, and know how to efficiently schedule work. Good estimators will earn the company many bids, and generate the bulk of the company’s revenue.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Solicit subcontractors and prepare subcontractor scope packages for bidding
- Negotiate of pricing and terms with general contractors to ensure adherence with company pricing guidelines
- Complete all cost proposals ensuring a detailed and accurate estimate.
- Familiar with project specifications, bid documents, and special provisions
- Build estimate including sub/self perform analysis items
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare detailed, accurate estimates
- Construction estimating experience is highly preferred
- At least 3 years in a consulting and/or Construction Management environment highly preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Signing Bonus for Direct Experience, Moving Expense Assistance as Required, Competitive Salary, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Varied Client Base and Projects, Training Opportunities
Prism Contractors and Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
A pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition to employment.