Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Job Description: This individual will be involved in every phase of the pipe laying and dig and replace process. They will be responsible for such things as equipment operation and maintenance, site preparation, and excavation.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Lay and join concrete, plastic, or ductile-iron pipe for drains, sewers and water mains
- Rig pipe for hoisting, setting pipe to grade and align/affix pipes during pipeline construction
- Perform pipeline point repairs
- Perform backfill and site restoration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic
- Experience operating an Excavator and/or Backhoe
- Experience in digging around existing utilities
- Able to read and understand Engineering Construction Drawings
- Trench Box Safety Certified
- 3-5 years experience of directly related experience in the civil construction field
- Valid Driver’s License
- Preferred Class A CDL
Signing Bonus for Direct Experience, Moving Expense Assistance as Required, Competitive Salary, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Varied Client Base and Projects, Training Opportunities
Prism Contractors and Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
A pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition to employment.