Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Prism Contractors & Engineers, Inc. is seeking a qualified Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of vehicles and equipment. You will also perform road calls as needed.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Inspect, diagnose and locate mechanical problems on equipment
- Determines extent of necessary repair
- Performs all phases of heavy equipment repairs including, but not limited to tune-ups, hydraulic trouble shooting and repair, tire repair, welding, electrical diagnostics and repair, brake work, engine diagnostics, general servicing, oil changes and lubricants, seals and drums, lighting suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, diesel fuel systems and body work
- Keep equipment available for use by competing all preventative maintenance schedules; installing component parts and part upgrades, controlling corrosion
- Maintain computer-based records of work orders annotating services and repairs, including time and materials
- Contains costs by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options;
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop at all times
- Valid Driver’s License
- 4 Years Experience (Preferred)
Signing Bonus for Direct Experience, Moving Expense Assistance as Required, Competitive Salary, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Varied Client Base and Projects, Training Opportunities
Prism Contractors and Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
A pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition to employment.