Since 2005, Prism Contractors and Engineers, Inc. has performed numerous topographic, route, and boundary surveys for an open end, city-wide contract with the Department of Public Works in Franklin, Virginia. Work for Franklin has also included smoke testing, manhole inspections and I&I abatement such as clean out replacement and/or pipe repair.
Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Barrett’s Landing: Prism performed deed research, topographic and boundary survey of city park, located on the Blackwater River for the design of a new maintenance facility.
- Downtown Fire Station Design: Prism performed deed research, topographic and boundary survey of land acquired to be used for the design of a city fire station.
- Prism performed a route survey to locate topographic features, boundary and right of way locations for the extension of a 12” waterline along Hunterdale Roda. In addition, easement plats were created for each parcel impacted by the extension of the water main.
- Prism performed a route survey to locate topographic features, boundary and right of way locations for the extension of a waterline for CSX Railroad. In addition, easement plats were created for each parcel impacted by the addition of the water main.
- Prism surveyed over 4,000 structures within the city to include catch basins, curb drain inlets, yard drains, culverts and headwalls. The survey included obtaining rim and invert information for all structures. All information was put into a GIS system and information is being used to create a hydraulic model for the entire City.
- Prism has completed a variety of sanitary sewer manhole rehabilitation projects in the City of Franklin. Prism uses Madewell Mainstay Composite Liner to eliminate inflow & infiltration and increase structural strength.
- We’ve completed rehabilitation projects on Clay Street, Armory Drive, and at the Wastewater Treatment Plant (5 Structures).
- Prism located and connected over 1750 water structures for the City of Franklin to include a fully functional water model.
Prism has completed a number of point repairs in the City of Franklin.