Prism Contractors and Engineers, Inc. has performed a number of services for the City of Poquoson related to their sewer and water systems. These services have included survey of the sewer and storm drain systems, sanitary sewer manhole inspections, creation of a Flow Evaluation Report, a Capacity Management Operation and Maintenance Plan, a Hydraulic Model and a Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Report. Prism has also been contracted to implement the SSES plan for the City of Poquoson.
Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Prism performed survey on over 3900 storm drain and sanitary sewer structures. Storm drain structures included catch basins, curb drain inlets, yard drains, culverts, and headwalls. Survey included obtaining rim and invert information for all structures along with a condition assessment for obvious defects that may require immediate attention. All information gathered was put into a GIS system.
- Prism surveyed and mapped in GIS the City of Poquoson sanitary sewer system and inspected approximately 1300 sanitary sewer manholes throughout the city. Prism also conducted flow monitoring and summarized the findings in a flow evaluation report. Prism used all of this information to create a SSES Plan for the City of Poquoson.
- Using the information gathered from survey and flow monitoring, Prism is currently working on a hydraulic model of the City of Poquoson in conjunction with the Hampton Roads Region. We are also attending regional meetings on behalf of Poquoson according to the Regional Consent Order.
- Prism developed and implemented a plan for flow monitoring throughout the entire city of Poquoson. Prism utilized flow meters at six (6) locations. The information gathered was used to create a Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Plan, a Flow Evaluation Report and a Capacity Management Operation and Maintenance Plan.
- Prism was awarded a contract to perform the work outlined in the SSES plan they created for the City of Poquoson. Prism will provide smoke testing, night-time flow monitoring television inspection and other engineering services throughout the City over a three-year period.
- MACP manhole inspections were conducted on approximately 1300 sanitary sewer manholes. Information gathered was used to make recommendations to reduce Inflow and Infiltration. This information was also put into a GIS system