Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Job Description: Supports accounting department by filing documents, reconciling statements such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements, credit card receipts, journal vouchers, compiles and reviews information for accuracy. Application of accounting knowledge and information using spreadsheets.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains accounting records by making copies, filing and scanning documents.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering daily time sheet data into the computer.
- Verifies journal reports to accounting software program.
- Coding, posting and processing of Accounts Payable Invoices.
- Process Accounts Receivable Statements and Communication Follow up.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organizational support by completing related tasks as needed.
- Updates material inventory.
- Assists with vehicle maintenance scheduling.
- Assists other departments as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of entry level up to intermediate level accounting.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems and spreadsheets.
- Ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, organize and coordinate the work of the unit.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to determine work priorities, and review work for quality and production standards.
- Ability to select and compile data for statements, expenditures, revenues, accounts, and reports.
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts.
- Ability to prepare and submit orders for purchase.
- HS Degree and minimum 1 – 2 years of related experience
- Valid Driver’s License and Drug Free
- Teaming work approach and Flexibility
- Financial Software Experience and Organized Reporting Skills
- Work Independently, Dependable and Detail Oriented
- Verbal, Written and Interpersonal Communication Skills